baby holscher's nursery reveal!
I'll be the first to admit, I'm no stylist or interior designer. I was just not blessed with this talent, but I like to think I know what is considered 'good style' and most certainly, 'good taste'. Personal style or no personal style, I was excited to make Baby Holscher's nursery a calming, gender neutral, clean space that we too would love. Comfortable for those long, sleepless nights I'm sure we will be experiencing very soon. Except for the crazy carpets we have in our house, those were just going to have to be left alone as this is not a forever house. So if I had my choice, this room would have white-washed floors!
When it comes to interior design, I take a lot of inspiration from blog posts, Pinterest, home decor TV shows....you name it. I try and be realistic and practical as well, knowing what some spend on a nursery (ka-ching!), isn't necessarily what we would spend (or can afford). Plus, we tried to find items that were multi-functional that would have a longer life span (i.e. graduated crib).
We did keep the budget to a minimum, compared to what I've heard some people have spent on baby furniture and decor. Not to mention the amount of gifts and money towards some of these nursery items we received, compliments of our amazing friends and family. This room could not have turned out the way we wanted it to had it not been for their generosity, so THANK YOU!!!
With only TWO sleeps left until Baby H comes charging into our world, I wanted to share the reveal. Exciting for us, maybe not so much for others, so skip if this is just plain boring for you. I am grateful that I prepared this room early because its done and it was completed before I really started to get uncomfortable. As I near the end of this pregnancy, like most women, you get sore, tired, cranky, irritable and out of breath doing the simplest things. And I've only gained a total of 22lbs!
Here is the shopping guide in case you're curious about where I got a few of the items!
- Metallic gold LOVE print by @madebygirl
- Animal prints purchased from Chapters/Indigo by The Animal Print Shop.
- Baby Letto Hudson 3-in-1-crib from Westcoast Kids.
- Grey wool, cashmere throw from Home on Water St.
- Grey/white chevron laundry basket from Home Sense
- Monbebe Everston Swivel Glider Recliner from Westcoast Kids.
- Love you to the Moon & Back print from Home Sense.
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer in Sable Grey from Lusso Baby.
- All natural, Organic newborn diapers & wipes by The Honest Company.
- Reevo 2 drawer changing table from Wayfair.ca.
- Baby moccasins by Minimoc in Golden Hour & Elk.
- Knit hoodie in grey from The Cross Decor & Design.